About G3-PLC Alliance
The G3-PLC™ Alliance organization sponsored by Enedis was formed in order to support, promote and implement G3-PLC in smart grid applications. Its members come from the key stakeholders in the smart grid ecosystem, including utility companies, equipment and semiconductor manufacturers, system integrators, IT vendors and automotive companies.
The objectives of the G3-PLC Alliance consortium are to:
- Support G3-PLC in internationally recognized standards bodies to achieve the rapid adoption of G3-PLC specification worldwide.
- Develop a framework for equipment testing to facilitate interoperability among G3-PLC adopters.
- Educate the market and promote the value, benefits and applications of G3-PLC.
- Establish a forum and process where the consortium members may:
- Meet to discuss suggested revisions and enhancements to the specification.
- Make appropriate submissions to internationally recognized standards bodies with the purpose of ratifying the G3-PLC specification as an international standard.
- Meet with developers and providers of G3-PLC compliant products to indentify requirements for interoperability and general usability.